Friday, January 18, 2008

Four Letter Word

I lend a hand at a homeschool co-op on Thursdays. I just love those children and the parents. I think we have some of the greatest children and parents in our group.

Today, I was helping out a bit. Around 9AM, I went to the rest room. (I only tell you this because it is part of the story!) To my horror (yes, horror!) one of the girls had not flushed her business down the toilet. She had used excess toilet paper and had left a "skid mark" on the toilet seat. How she did that, I do not know, but I digress.... I called over the administrator, and let her know what was happening. The administrator was more disgusted than I was. I cleaned up the mess. We decided to talk to the kids. We split the kids. She took the girls; I took the boys.

I had a roomful of study hall boys ages 4 to 14. I started off using correct terms explaining the proper bathroom manners, but by the end I was using words and phrases like "pooh" and "pee pee" and "bum". The four year olds got it. The 12 to 14 year olds could hardly contain their laughter. So there was my four letter word of the day "pooh."

Now that we are on the subject of pooh, I must tell you about a funny read. We received one of the best books about pooh (toilet droppings, not the bear!) as a white elephant gift over the holidays. (Yes, we have strange friends, but we sure do love 'em.) My parents and Aunt Barbara are currently reading the book. The day Aunt Barbara borrowed the book, she called every hour or so just to laugh to me over the phone. Daddy is reading it now, and is captivated. The title of the book is "What is Your Poo Telling You?" Educational, yet somehow it doesn't seem educational. It is a fun read and I was told it was purchased at Spencer Gifts.

Living and Learning,
Beth

No comments: