Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Now That's Something!

John, my third child, keeps me in stitches. John is a normal, healthy 8 year-old boy. He thinks about things, and he likes to talk about things....BOY, does he like to talk about things. It is how he says things that keeps cracking me up, though.

A few weeks ago, we were sitting around the table and John informed his father that he is reading his Beginner's Bible through for the 3rd time. Charlie congratulated John and suggested that he pull out his "Big Boy" Bible and read from it next. John said he would like to do that, but he wasn't sure where to find his NIV Bible. I piped in that his Bible was in his room on his head board. I further reminded him that we had spent time cleaning his room so that he would know where to find his things. John's reply, "It is hard to find something when you are THAT organized."

John is also the authority on girls at our house. He has always liked girls. John can tell you the night, channel, and time for Deal or No Deal on TV. His favorite part of the show is when Howie asks the girls to walk down the stairs. He remarks on their beautiful clothes, and then he asks everyone in the room to choose a favorite. (His is Tameka.)

One night on Deal or No Deal it was Ladies Night. Instead of the girls, firemen held the numbered cases. John was very disgusted and said, "I'm not going to waste my time watching this."

We marvel at John's wisdome when it comes to girls. His most recent bit of sage advice went something like this, "Girls can't stay mad at boys who are handsome." Smart boy.

John is a very, very skinny boy. He has to wear a belt with his slim sized pants. John enjoys riding his bike on his own on our block. He loves that freedom. Today he came into see me and to tell me he had been riding his bike. He followed up with a speech on how exercise is good for the body, how he can make turns on his bike, etc. Finally, he held up his arm and pointed to it and said, "Look at my little muscle." Unfortunately, it doesn't stop there. He has shown my friend Mary his muscle and tonight he showed everyone at AWANA his muscle as well.

John cracks me up!

Living and Learning,
Beth

No comments: