Monday, September 24, 2007

Parents

A week ago today, I drove my parents to the airport. They were off for a long-awaited vacation to a far off land. They will be gone for 5 weeks.



My parents are healthy, independent people. It is difficult to realize that they are approaching 70. They take care of themselves, and still help take care of us. They easily babysit our four children whether for a few hours or for a weekend. They go off on trips with their church to do mercy work in the area. They still do all the same things they did when I was at home.



I am living the happy golden years with my folks. I would not trade a minute of the time I can spend with them for any amount of money. I love that my children are growing up knowing their grandparents, and I am getting to enjoy my parents a second time around!

Living and Learning,
Beth

No comments: